Not What I Call Fun

I'm still digging out from my two shortened weeks where work drama and air travel threatened to destroy my sanity. Hopefully with the dawn of a new week and a fresh perspective, my blogging schedule will resume.

Call me "Charlie."
In the mall where you can find Speed Boat Tigger, you can also find this Technicolor carousel. At first glance, it seems harmless. In fact, it tell you that it's FUN.

Newsflash: it's not.

Once you hear the eerie call of this world's Charlie the Choo-Choo, you totally understand why Claudia y Inez Bachman/Beryl Evans made the locomotive so entirely creepy*. The carousel is located in the middle of the mall, but when there's no other mall noise (including Muzak), you can hear the robotic voice pretty close to the entrance saying "Welcome to Arsenal Mall" or playing it's organ grinder music.

Look at the face in the center, doesn't it look sadistic? I haven't seen a child scream in fear yet, but there's time. Clifford even looks suspect. And, oh look, there's a train up on top.

Would you want to put your child on this?


*The final image shows terrified children riding Charlie.

______
Last.fm hit of the day: The Glass House by Christian Death