My Duff Kit

Every Wednesday, YA Highway asks their readership a simple question to answer on your blog. Once you answer, you link your blog in the comments for other readers to hop on board. This is Road Trip Wednesday. 

Today's question: What's in your DUFF kit?


Some of you in the Lurkdom might be asking, "Besides the beer Homer drinks, what the hell is a DUFF kit?"


DUFF is short for Designated Ugly Fat Friend and you can learn more about it by picking up The Duff. A DUFF kit is a bunch of things you keep handy for night when you're hanging out. It can contain:
  • Your favorite drink
  • Your most comfy and old shoes
  • Movies featuring your favorite male actor
  • Your favorite junk food
  • Your most comfortable piece of clothing.

So as long as it's comfy and familiar, it's a go. I got to admit, I have something pretty similar handy, and use it whenever I'm sick/ feel utterly useless/ working diligently. Here are the highlights of my kit:

Drink. Even though my go-to is Diet Coke, I don't drink mass quantities unless I'm falling asleep as I work. Herbal tea or mint hot chocolate* replace Diet Coke nicely.

Shoes. These awesome boot slippers my friend Steph gifted to me one year. They're white, furry, and cozy as hell. Since they're winterized, that only works then. Rocket Dog flip flops are for the warm months.

Movies. I don't have a favorite male actor but I do have a favorite movie genre. If it involves dancing, it's probably for me. Hubby can quote the final scene of Step Up 2 in his sleep by now I think. (Other favorite dance-y movies are: Dirty Dancing, Mama Mia, Center Stage, Grease, Step Up.)

Junk Food. Macaroni and cheese. Pasta + Cheese = Love.

Clothing. Any type of lounge pants: yoga, flannel, sweats. I LOVE THEM ALL. Oh and my burgundy Slanket.


What do you have in your kit? Also, check out what other people have in their kits over at YA Highway.

REMINDER! Yesterday marked the start of Music Month here at Slice of the Blog Pie. Anyone who comments on a post is eligible to win a prize.



* Sometimes deflowered with peppermint rum or Bailey's.
______
Last.fm hit of the day: Dressed to Depress by Murderdolls