Songs to Write By

Every Wednesday, YA Highway asks their readership a simple question to answer on your blog. Once you answer, you link your blog in the comments for other readers to hop on board. This is Road Trip Wednesday.

Today's topic: If your WIP or favorite book were music, what song(s) would it be?

For my WIPs, I don't have any set songs, but more like set musical styles.When listening to music, I go for the auditory aesthetic* and less on the lyrical content. It usually takes me months (sometimes years) before I pay attention to the lyrics.

For FALLING TO NORMAL, I listened to a lot of 90s rock. Even when I updated the setting to present day, the soundtrack didn't change. Candlebox and Alice in Chains will always work in Cheyenne's world, no matter what.
Favorite Candlebox Song: You
Favorite AIC Song**: Nutshell

For PHOENIX RISING, I've been listening to a lot of atmospheric, prog rock. Don't question, because I can't explain. I've balanced that with a healthy dose of metal***.
Favorite Prog Rock Song**: Panic by Anathema
Favorite Metal Song: I can't pick one. Sorry!

For that untitled and yet to be determined genre project, I listen to a lot of music with goth/industrial influence. This includes but is not limited to tons of Nine Inch Nails, Bauhaus/Peter Murphy, and Ministry before they sucked.
Favorite NIN Song: Wish
Favorite Peter Murphy Song**: Roll Call
None of the songs mentioned are representative of my current projects, but are included on those playlists.

And favorite book? It's not just a song, IT'S A CONCEPT ALBUM.


* Or lack there of depending on the noise.
** Currently. All is subject to change at the whim of me.
*** If you've been paying attention to any of the Last.fm hits, this won't be a shock. It should be expected.
________
Last.fm hit of the day: Cash is King by Ike Reilly