Writing Camp!

Remember how I said I was going to do some writing for fun? Um, apparently that means participating in Camp NaNoWriMo.

What the hell are you talking about?
Camp NaNoWriMo is the summer version of NaNoWriMo. In fact, it's organized by the same people. There are two sessions you can choose to participate in, just like real camp. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in a month.

But I'm not stressing about this as much as I do in November. This is summer. I'm still hardwired to think of July and August as vacation time. So I will not stress. I have an outline that has no tension and a totally sagging middle, but that's okay because I'm doing this for fun. If I win it, cool. If I don't, also cool.

You're insane. You know that, right?
Of course.

...
Besides, look at the pretty web badge with its trees and its greeny goodness. How I can I resist?

The timing of this is awesome as I plan to do a lot of this during my stay in The Real World house. So the month of August is devoted to writing for fun before I relaunch the great query project*.

What fun things are you doing this summer?


* By that I mean querying.
_______
Last.fm hit of the day: Slither by Velvet Revolver