Walking Dead, Season 2


Zombie Thursdays is a weekly feature with guest blogger, Miranda. You can read more about her here.

Hello, Lurkdom! We are just a little more than a week away from October, the most magical and spooky month of the year! I've already started gearing up for my favorite month. My decorations are in their "prep" stages, I'm going to begin work on my costume on Friday, and I'm beginning to schedule when all my favorite horror shows and movies will be playing on television and around the city.

One premier I am greatly anticipating is, of course, the beginning of The Walking Dead, season two! Last season was amazingly produced and executed, but unfortunately with only six episodes. This season promises thirteen episodes which will hopefully take us all the way through Halloween and into the winter holiday season. I'm excited! You all should be too!

It looks like season two is scheduled to start on October 16, so we still have a few weeks. In the time leading up, I highly recommend re-watching (or watching for the first time!) season one. Since there are only six hour long episodes, you should be able to get through them fairly easily with plenty of time to prepare for October 16th. Below is the extended trailer for season two!


Also, as a bonus on October 16th, for those who live in the Chicago area, it is the 25th Anniversary of the film Labyrinth! This movie happens to be my favorite of all time, so I suspect I will be going to the Music Box Theatre here in the city for some Goblin King action, and then heading home to watch some zombie action!

What are you most looking forward to in the Halloween season?