Ready. Set. WRITE! (Or, Alicia's Summer Reboot)

For the last year, I've struggled with how to get blogging back into my writing routine. It's been hard prioritizing writing and all kinds of internet-y stuff, so I've focused on what ultimately counts -- the writing.

But I missed blogging (and you, Lurkdom). So I worked on a new schedule that incorporates blogging at least weekly. Lucky for me, Ready. Set. WRITE! popped up right after I worked out my new schedule.

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer accountability series that is hosted by Jaime Morrow, Katy Upperman, Alison Miler, Erin Funk, and Elodie Nowodazkij. We set goals for the summer and check in weekly. 

Every Monday, I'll share my progress on the goals that I set down today using the following headers:
  • How I did on last week’s goals.
  • My goal(s) for this week
  • A favourite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
  • The biggest challenge I faced this week
  • Something I love about my WIP

Now... GOALS!

Goals for the week
  • Complete revisions for PHOENIX RISING based on beta feedback.
  • Revise PR's query letter.
  • Decide which book I'm reading next.
  • Walk all the way to work at least 3 times.

Goals for the summer
  • Get SCENES FROM LAST NIGHT ready for beta feedback.
  • Get both ASSASSIN PROJECT and the boy band book ready for revision. (And find out what this statement actually means.)
  • Work through Janice Hardy's Planning Your Novel: Ideas and Structure for SNI.
  • Read at least 3 books.
  • Come up with some kind of actual exercise routine.
  • Query PR. (Late entry.)
For everyone else participating in RSW, good luck!