7x7x7 Challenge

The fantastic Erin Funk tagged me in the 7-7-7- challenge. How does it work? Post the 7th line on the 7th page of your WIP, followed by the next 7 lines. Then, tag 7 other writers to take part in the challenge too.

This challenge was deceptively hard.Good thing I had several projects to look through. The scene below is taken from PHOENIX RISING. During this scene, my character is in jail. (Not for the first time either.)

Over the din of conversation, Walker picked up the clang of a steel door in the distance. The only time it opened was when a guard brought food in, but it was too early for that. And if it weren’t, it would be only one pair of feet with a cart. Walker clearly heard two pairs. One of which had a definite limp that he knew all too well. Rage overtook Walker’s fear as his master’s mocking laugh echoed against the walls. 
“I’m serious, Ianos. You should consider it as an alternative to… you know.” 
Walker barely registered the officer that stopped in front of the cell; he was too focused on the man next to him. A fucking week.

Since I've been out of the blogging game for a wicked long time, I'm only truly tagging Pam and Quita (more on that below). In terms of the other 6, consider you all tagged, Lurkdom.

You know how I'm going to continue my accountability on Mondays? So is Pam and Quita. The three of us will also blog on Fridays. Since blogging has become a challenge because of life, we're working on a team mentality to keep consistent. If you're interested in joining us, let me know. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!